Contact an Experienced Lawyer in Salt Lake City
For assistance with Utah divorce, family law, personal injury, real estate litigation, administrative law and other matters, work with the skilled attorneys at Hanks & Peterson, P.C. today. You can reach us online or at 801-895-4431 to get started.
Quick Contact Form
To help you get started, please fill out the form below and click submit - or if you prefer, you can call our office at:
Providing Experienced Family Law and Divorce Representation in Salt Lake City & Utah
Lawyers who understand the challenges of family law
When you’re going through a divorce or dealing with another type of family law issue, the experienced lawyers at Hanks & Peterson, P.C. can help. From our office in Salt Lake City our attorneys assist people throughout Utah with a wide range of challenges, including asset distribution, alimony, and child support and child custody. We understand the complexities and emotions surrounding divorce and family law.
Skilled guidance for divorce and family law matters
A divorce requires you to address several issues, including child custody, child support, alimony, and the division of marital assets and property. You may also need help with domestic abuse issues, modifying your divorce decree, or enforcing child support or alimony payments. Our team of attorneys offers guidance for all of these matters, leveraging our years of experience in family law to your benefit. And although most divorces may be resolved through mediation, we’re capable of aggressively representing you in Salt Lake City's courts to protect your families future.
In a related area of family law, our divorce lawyers can create prenuptial agreements that help you and your future spouse build trust and understanding in your relationship while protecting your financial interests. Regardless of the challenges facing you, our team provides the counsel your family needs to move forward successfully.
Attentive counsel for various types of legal issues
The divorce attorneys at Hanks & Peterson also provide exceptional guidance and representation for many other legal matters, including:
- Personal injury: If you or a loved one has suffered an injury due to another party’s negligence or reckless actions, you may need to take legal action to obtain compensation for medical bills, lost wages, rehabilitation costs, and pain and suffering.
- Advanced Legal Research: We employ the latest methods of legal research and are confident we can find the answer to the most complex legal questions.
- Real estate litigation: Protect your Salt Lake City real estate investments from the threat of a lawsuit through proper planning, and our lawyers can arrange all of that for you. In addition, our attorneys can handle a wide range of Utah real estate litigation matters, including property line disputes, easements, contracts, unresolved title defects, and landlord-tenant disputes.
- Wills and trusts: It’s never too early to plan for the future of your estate to protect your best interests and those of your loved ones. Our attorneys can help you develop a sound will and trusts that give you the peace of mind that your wishes will be upheld after you pass away. These documents also help you and your heirs avoid costly estate taxes.
- Business litigation: If you own or operate a Utah business, you’ll likely find yourself in a legal dispute at some point. When this happens, you can turn to our team of experienced lawyers for advice on vendor/supplier agreements, non-compete agreements, shareholder disputes, sales or service contracts, business dissolution, bankruptcy, and other issues.